HorneTD

"MilkyWhy" wrote in message

My code requires an 8 foot depth copper rod, to ground the electrical box.
As
soon as the Inspector okayed that, I quick took that up and put in a 1
foot
deep rod, instead. I did that, to make my place less inviting to lightning
strikes. Now, in the past 5 years, all of my neighbors -with identical 8
foot
deep grounding rods- have had their boxes struck by lightning. Some
started
fires, most of the lightning strikes burned up TVs, computers, washers,
etc.

I wonder how many other people use this sort of simple, common sense.
Appearing
to comply with assinine govt regulations, and then going on to correct
government idiocies, and to make their home safe?

Dave wrote:

Let me get this straight, all eight of your neighbors have been struck
by lightning and you haven't. Where do you live, that you only have eight
neighbors and all were struck by lightning. Do you have a lightning rod to
direct the strike away from your home? Or, are you saying that the ground
wire caused all the homes in the neighborhood to receive an indirect strike.
In any case, I would worry a little about inadequate grounding. Are you
grounded to water pipes? You would have some trouble collecting insurance
for electrocution injury if it came out that you had violated building code.
That could happen years later, even after you sold the home.

Dave

Dave
He is just a troll who wrote up that fiction just to see who would rise
to the bait. DON'T FEED THE TROLLS.
--
Tom H