Set Square

Pecanfan wrote:

I think I would be looking to double up Joist B, rather than
removing it - and then put some new joists from B2 across the stair
void. What is the thickness and level of the concrete floor behind
Joist A? Could you bolt A to the concrete, and thus make it able to
support one end of B2?

The concrete floor section is at the same level as the floorboards
covering the joists. I have no idea how thick it is though. I also
have no idea how it's held up so I'm slightly nervous about relying
on it for support. It's a 1900's terraced flat and I didn't even
know they had concrete back then!

Andy

Have you asked yout tame structural engineer for advice?
--
Cheers,
Set Square