Andy Cuffe

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 00:03:42 -0500, RM wrote:

I had a Western Digital mod.WD1200 120gb and a mod. WD600 60 gb both
working fine until my power supply died. After replacing the power
supply bios will not detect either drive. I tried them in other
computers with the same result.

I agree with the other suggestions about buying two identical drives
and swapping the circuit boards. You could even use dead drives as
long as it wasn't due to a board failure.

When you tested the drives in the other computer, did you try them one
at a time with the jumpers set to single drive? It's possible for one
bad drive to stop the other one from being detected. Some WD drives
require different jumper settings for master with a slave and for a
single drive with no slave.
Andy Cuffe