Pecanfan

What terms are you on with downstairs?

Well, not great. We've just moved in and they're moving out so aren't keen
on me doing ANY building work while their house is on the market. On top of
this, we're swapping the bathroom and kitchen over and they're not at all
happy about having a bathroom above their spare bedroom (which is actually
their main bedroom) - although it'll be fully soundproofed, damp-proofed and
all plumbing will be running above the floor - and the alternative is a
KITCHEN!! God damn it... Deep breaths...

prop up the joists and (b) pay you some dosh, if you sell them the
downstairs portion of the staircase.

By the time we've got planning and b.regs through for the new staircase we
*might* have some new neighbours who might be a bit more accommodating -
having said that, we're considering using the underfloor void as some sort
of beer storage area. :-) Having said that, some extra cash towards the
refurb wouldn't go a miss!

Andy