Pecanfan

1. The angle of the dangle (sorry, erm... the pitch) is clearly 45
degrees
on their drawing and building regs reckons 42 degrees is the highest

pitch
you can have.

Correct.

2. The rise would appear to be 250mm, but again looking at the building
regs document 220mm would seem the be the max rise.

Correct.

The steel fabricators said they put staircases like this in all the time

and
have never had any problems with building regs,

One of the biggest lies in the world (along with "the cheque's in the
post", "of course I'll still respect you"), is "we've never had a
problem with Building Regs". This could possibly be because they
never tell Building Regs, and leave it for the poor client to sort out
years down the line.

OK - cheers for the replies - I was afraid that might be the case!
Considering it's taken 5 separate steel fabricators and 2 months to get this
far, I'm not best pleased.

Anyway, spent yesterday redesigning the staircase myself and think I've
managed to fit it in the desired space AND stay within building regs (it's a
3300mm drop and I've got 4750mm to play with for overall length of the
actual flight). Didn't realise there was no official limit when it comes to
the minimum width of a staircase, or have I missed something? The only way
I can fit the bottom landing in is to have a 589mm wide staircase. Can
anyone see any problems with this?

Just to clarify, it's NOT the main entrance to the property - it merely
gives access to the back yard and back lane.

Andy
drill has finally arrived! - :-)