G&M

"Colin Wilson" wrote in message
t...
Ideally the farms need splitting into two groups with a separate
transformer for each, and I am sure United Utilities would do this
if they were allowed.

Farms (particularly livestock) shouldn`t be provided with a PME earth
under the supply regs. Its down to the individual farmers to provide
their own earthing arrangements. There *may* be some latitude where only
crops are grown.

Interesting. But we definitely have a utility installed PME system from
many years ago complete with pure green earth wire into the neutral
connection. I'll check with the other farms tomorrow.

Does this apply to those buildings on the supply chain that are not farm
buildings ? Ours is a farmhouse with separate supply to the barns.