Stuart Black

Default Hot water problem

Hi

I am the midst up doing up my bathroom and Friday afternoon removed a
radiator, including the valves (i.e. leaving open pipes at each side). I
foolishly thought that since the heating was off for the summer it wouldn't
matter.

When a small amount of water appeared I figured that was because the 3-way
valve might have to make its way past the "heating" position, and capped the
pipes off on Saturday.

Today (Sunday) the hot water is refusing to heat up.

I figured there might be air in the system and found a little screw on the
infeed from the boiler to the hot water tank. I loosened this temporarily
and some air came out followed by a small amount of water, but the pipe to
the hot water tank is still not getting hot so the water inside the tank is
not getting hot.

I checked the CH expansion tank and that is OK, i.e. it hasn't run out of
water, it seems to fill OK when the level drops.

Any ideas what else i should look at ?

Yours feeling silly

Stuart