ameijers

"Vinnie Murdico" wrote in message
news:SKK_c.927$Q44.672@trnddc09...
Hi all,

I'm looking for some ideas on where a leak problem might be in our house
(mostly because I'm not sure about how concrete block walls are
constructed). We have a block house in FL built in 2001 (well, block up
to the bottom of the roof line then wood sheathing covered in stucco on
the gable ends of the house).

(huge snip)
Can't see your house from here, but based on your explanation (stucco'd
frame gable above block wall), I'd say you are on the right track. Somehow
or other, they did the block to frame transition improperly, and water is
bypassing the moisture barrier and flashing, and building up in the space in
the block, then draining out into your room.

I'd do what you can to block the water (nail a tarp over gable end?), and
live with it until you can get the wall opened up, once all the contractors
get past the workload hump from last 2 storms. Gable end usually isn't
load-bearing, so it isn't a huge job, but it will scare you how much they
have to open the wall up.

aem sends...