Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot

Default Central heating Q

"Roger Mills" wrote in
message ...

Having read all of this thread, I don't think you actually said whether
there is a radiator in the hall near to the thermostat.

No, I didn't, but there is so I won't fit a TRV to it - thanks.

If there *isn't*
then is hall is *not* a good place for the stat - because the system will

be
running open loop - and you'll get very random temperatures in all the
rooms.

If there *is* a rad near the stat, *don't* fit a thermostatic valve on

it -
even if you fit them to the rads in the other rooms - otherwise the 2

stats
will be fighting each other.

If you're prepared for something more major, I like the idea of zoning -
with a programmable stat controlling each zone. You can then have

different
zones coming on at different times (and can also have different

temperatures
at different times) to fit in with how you use your various rooms.

I fancy that too. Sounds a bit 'spensive though :O)

Si