G&M

"Tony" wrote in message

What sort of maintenance does a whole house UV treatment unit need? This
is the type that comprises a sealed stainless steel tube about 1.5m long
within which there is UV fluorescent light? Does the UV light need to be
replaced regularly (in fact, short of doing a water quality test, I
guess I don't know that it is actually working!)

We have one. The tube isn't usually sealed - the end caps unscrew and the
tube slides out. And in darkness you can see some violet light leaking out.

Change the tube once a year to keep the UV threshold high enough to kill the
bacteria.