Larry Jaques

On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 22:33:30 -0500, "Robert Rushing"
calmly ranted:

I'm in need of some clamps. I was looking at pipe clamps and have a few
questions. I will be gluing up a small cabinet and need atleast six clamps.
Working in the 36 to 48" range is 3/4 pipe clamp necessary are will a 1/2
work ok? Also HD had some I frame Jergenson sp clamps 36" that are
competitive with buying pipe and ends for pipe clamp. Are the I frame
clamps sturdy enough to glue up a cabinet with I have never used them
before? I have read that the Bessy clamps are best but at $37 and needing
six they will have to wait.

I love the Pittsburgh bar clamps at www.harborfreight.com
which go on sale 3 or 4 times a year (but not right now).
36" is their largest steel bar clamp, or go 48" in aluminum.
Lifetime warranty, I haven't needed it yet.

1/2" pipe is heavy-duty enough because you don't need that
much force if the joint is prepared properly.
Do you have a Harbor Fright store close to you?

$18 for clamps ($2.99 a pop)
$27 for 3 10' lengths of 1/2" pipe at your local pipe supply
Saw them in half and have six 5' pipe clamps for under $50.

CAUTION: Do NOT look directly into laser with remaining eyeball!
http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Design