mich

"Mike Hibbert" wrote in message
"Stuart" wrote in message

Does anyone know if plumbers have sonar type equipment that can pick up
suck leaks to identify where the leak is to avoid costly investigative
digging ...Scottish Water suggested that some plumbers would have this
equipment .
Stuart

--

I had a leak like this and Severn Trent Water sent a guy out with a
"listening rod" (essentially a long big of metal rod) that he put on the

I had a problem like this with South West Water. In fact its just been
sorted - not by SWW and its a saga and a half!

None of the plumbers who came here had sonar equipment. They all had a long
wooden pole.

Similarly they were all fairly accurate in locating said leak ( even if
brent were not so good at digging on X marks the spot and finding it!)

My hubby located a leak under concrete putting his ear to the end of the
stale of a pike. he also located the service pipe underground by divining
for it with a couple of rods. It does work.