Dave Liquorice

On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 08:41:57 GMT, Dan delaMare-Lyon wrote:

My money is on me cutting the power, marking each wire, and pulling
back into the roofspace. Securely attaching to one fo the joists a
normal electical join box, and commoning up the lives neutrals and
earths there - then drop a single run down.

Well connecting all lives, neutrals and earths isn't quite what you
want to do but I'm sure you didn't really mean what you wrote. B-)

I've got some normal round 20/30a joint boxes, but it seems a bit of
a dodgy way to do this - don't doubt that it will work - just I've
got this feeling that I could be doing this another way/better way.

As there is "access" the normal joint box seems ideal. Provided it has
enough terminals, you need 4, L N E and SwL. At least it's better than
the instructions that came with a fitting I just bought. Connect the
wires into the supplied "chocolate block" terminal strip, wrap it with
two layers of insulating tape and poke it up into the void....

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail