:::Jerry::::

"Dan delaMare-Lyon" wrote in message
news
So it's been punted off the list of things to do today owing to me not
having the bits.

Here's the situation - appreciate some advice. I'm sure I know how to
solve this - but would welcome input on the correctness of my
solution.

Wanting to fit a ceiling mounted nice chroime light to fit in with the
bathroom. This makes provision for 1* cable for each of LNE - not
much room for anything other than 1 wire.

Existing is ceiling mounted normal unit with tmerinals for commoning
up elemnts of lighting cct.

This one has 3 common lives, 2 common earths and what would appear
from it's marking - and testing with a meter to be a switched live.

If there isn't a typo in the above something doesn't add up, please go and
re check (so far you make no mention of a neutral return) !

Cables are freely accessible from the roofspace.

My money is on me cutting the power, marking each wire, and pulling
back into the roofspace. Securely attaching to one fo the joists a
normal electical join box, and commoning up the lives neutrals and
earths there - then drop a single run down.

I've got some normal round 20/30a joint boxes, but it seems a bit of a
dodgy way to do this - don't doubt that it will work - just I've got
this feeling that I could be doing this another way/better way.

Most wiring for lighting will require a joint box with 4 terminals

1 live feed / live loops together with feed to switch.
2 return from switch together with feed to light unit.
3 neutral loops and return from light unit.
4 Earth loops

T1 switch
Live---------------o-----------------------o/ o----to T2
loops________/