Terry Pinnell

Janet Baraclough.. wrote:

The message
from Terry Pinnell contains these words:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

In article ,
Terry Pinnell wrote:
So what is the technique for
man-handling the chairs through a 'standard' door please?

If it's still too large by turning on its side, the arm rests often are
removable.

Thanks very much for all those helpful replies.

The feet often come off modern chairs/sofas too. Furniture companies
give the exact dimensions so you should be able to work it out.

If you need another inch or two, taking the door off can help
(especially if it opens against a wall).

Thanks, Janet. Reminds me (betraying my age) of a hit single by
Bernard Cribbins, called 'Right Said Fred'. Described the attempts of
Fred and his mates to manhandle a piano somewhere, and I vaguely
recall the lyrics included something like
"Right said Fred,
better take the door off,
that there door will really have to go..."

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK