J. Clarke

AArDvarK wrote:

On the the new TOH hour, they showed a lubricant that was in a can & put
on
with a rag. Said he used it for tool surfaces as well. I guess it has
parrafin in it. What was it & how can I get some?

Didn't see that, but here are some search results for pure liquid
paraffin:

http://www.zieglers.com/Products_info.asp?id=709&cat=7
http://www.candle-club.com/lampoil.html
http://candleme.com/liquidparaffin1.html
http://candles.genwax.com/candles/1011.htm

Should do just as good, it stays, and cheaper than camelia oil. Just don't
use it for sharpening, might clog up a stone, not that I know for sure. I
like the idea of "pure" non-smoking, compared to dirty sooty cheap lamp
oil that "has paraffin in it".

Looking at the MSDS and whatnot it looks like "liquid paraffin" is
marketing-speak for mineral oil.

What is the TOH hour?

Alex

--