Mike Hibbert

"Stuart" wrote in message
I have been advised by Scottish Water that they have detected a leak in
the mains supply feeding the flats I live in..They say it is after their
stop tap and is ,therefore ,the responsibility of the owners ..The supply
pipe is below cement and or tarmac.
Does anyone know if plumbers have sonar type equipment that can pick up
suck leaks to identify where the leak is to avoid costly investigative
digging ...Scottish Water suggested that some plumbers would have this
equipment .
Stuart

--

I had a leak like this and Severn Trent Water sent a guy out with a
"listening rod" (essentially a long big of metal rod) that he put on the

How old are the flats? It's possible that the leak is in some old lead pipe,
if thats the case, Scottish Water may subsidise relaying it in plastice as
there is a drive to cut down on lead and leaks. I had mine done and it was a
15 meter run from the boundary and the house, it cost £500 all in.

Are you sure the leak is not where the mains joins the actual building?

Mike