On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 21:03:42 GMT, "James Sweet"
wrote:

"Jerry G." wrote in message
TV servicing is not something you can really learn at home. It takes a
descent formal education in basic electronics, and servicing to even have

an
idea about how to get started.

That's not true, I never had any formal electronics education and I'm quite
proficient at diagnosing and repairing TV's and most other electronics. All
it takes is interest, motivation, willingness to read up on it and learn by
asking intelligent questions, and plenty of time practicing. There's no
shortage of not really worth repairing stuff to practice on.

That also describes me. Although I had some EE courses in college,
they didn't help much with the diagnostic troubleshooting aspect.
Plain old experience and having good resources (like this group and
the internet) realy help.

-Chris