Isaac Wingfield

In article vMs_c.249879$Oi.155876@fed1read04,
"Buck Turgidson" wrote:

I have a jack in my bedroom where I want to run both an ethernet connection
and a phone line. I have a modular jack and I can only find RJ45 connectors
for it.

Can I use an RJ45 connector for the phone line using regular phone cable
that I bought at Home Depot? Any details would be appreciated.

Yes. It was intended to be used that way.

Use the middle four connections (3, 4, 5, 6) just as you would the four
connections of an RJ-11 (1, 2, 3, 4). An RJ-11 plug will fit right in,
and work just fine.

You can use the other two pairs (1,2, 7,8) for ethernet at the same
time, if you use an adapter to move the signals to the appropriate pins.
(1, 2) should go to the same pins; (7, 8) moves to (3, 6).

Isaac