Chris Carruth

We used solid wood for our floors, and I will never look back. The authentic
look far exceeds the cost difference, and I think this floor will last long
past our use of it. No fake stuff, that is my motto..

"Phil J" wrote in message
om...
We are considering laying wood floor in our lounge and have heard
differing opinions regarding solid wood floor and engineered wood.
Today, someone told us that solid wood can gape and buckle, as it
already contains water and can be very costly to treat and will need
sever treatment ever few years.

Please could someone give us relative advantages/disadvantages
regarding these two types of floor. We will be laying on timber
floorboards, rather than concrete.

Hope someone can help )

Thanks,

Phil J