Dave jackson

I prefer real wood anyday. The engineered stuff is cheap and fake. It
feels spongy when i walk on it. Real wood is sturdy, has potential of
lasting for generations if taken care of, and can be mother natures artwork.
Real wood needs slightly more maintenance that laminated stuff, but not
much, and are NOT considerably more expensive. If you were doing an
exercise room by all means use laminate, but a lounge should have real wood
in my opinion. I once did a bar floor in a customers house with real light
finished oak and inlaid a big walnut "O" (for Ohio State) and it looked
great! Another customer preferred a rustic look, so we went with a real
wormy chestnut flooring. This was unbelievable fitting in his "saloon" ,
with old nail holes, worm holes and slight spots from water (sounds crazy,
but the floor was breathtaking). Shop around, there are many options out
there, you can even customize to your tastes. --dave

"Phil J" wrote in message
om...
We are considering laying wood floor in our lounge and have heard
differing opinions regarding solid wood floor and engineered wood.
Today, someone told us that solid wood can gape and buckle, as it
already contains water and can be very costly to treat and will need
sever treatment ever few years.

Please could someone give us relative advantages/disadvantages
regarding these two types of floor. We will be laying on timber
floorboards, rather than concrete.

Hope someone can help )

Thanks,

Phil J