Happybattles

wrote in message news:KJn_c.1246$PK3.1160@trnddc08...
Sometimes when inspecting a home for termites, especially a basement or slab
home, it can be challenging because you cannot see what is going on under it
where the termites are active. It may require that you remove some areas of
wood, small areas to allow for a good proper inspection. I would call in
more than the couple professionals you have already had and let them get a
look at your home. The fact that your neighbor has termites may be a reason
to raise an eyebrow in concern but it does not mean that absolutely that you
too have them in your home. If you get a few inspections and none find
anymore evidence of termites then I would wait and call them back and have
them check the house on a quarterly basis for you. Most companies will do it
at no charge. Once the termites do show up then they can compose a treatment
plan for your home to protect it from termites. I hope you have success and
please keep us updated if you will.

Agreed. Also - ask around for any companies using the new device
called the Termi-Trac. It's a hand-held radar which can pick-up
movement in walls. A positive hit on movement is reason to open a
wall or ceiling.

I feel for you -- not knowing is the worst part. Unfortunately,
nobody will really know for sure from one day to the next until
positive evidence is found.

Some company will probably offer you a termite monitoring program in
which they stick "tubes" in the ground all around your house which are
loaded with a funny-shaped piece of white pine. They will say when
they find termites in there then you should pay them to add bait...
this is good and bad. It's good because there are some really good
baits out there. It's bad because it's a shot-in-the-dark because
nobody really knows if any termites will find the bait or be scared
away when the pine is removed. Also - they will charge you for it.

I suggest you just follow Tim's advice and allow the professionals to
come to your house periodicly and check for you. Let them stress
about it.