Pete C

On 3 Sep 2004 17:49:39 -0700, (dg) wrote:

So if you are going to give advice on who to consult, then please be
accurate in the profession you advise to use. The OP should use a
'competant' or 'suitably qualified' person. That person may or may not
be a structural engineer . Being pedantic? - well if the ill informed
person asked the structural engineer from our office to design his
wall, then he could be in just as much trouble as if he built the wall
himself.

Hi,

Maybe, but a competent professional will know their limits and refer
them on to someone with the right knowledge.

Looking at the photos the OP subsequently posted it gets even more
scary :^) I would suggest RSJs piled deep underground and a cast
concrete wall reinforced with rebar, but the first step would be a
chat with an SE.

cheers,
Pete.