Edwin Pawlowski

"Tony Mo" wrote in message
I have put down both in my house; laminate in hall, livingroom, two
bedrooms
and hardwood (ash) in the kitchen

Laminate: it floats on top of the subfloor, set on top of a foam sheet.
You
can get the "glue together" kind and can find it on sale regularly for .99
cents a sq/ft. I got mine at the Borg boxing day sale .49 cents.
Available
in different thicknesses: I have seen 6mm, 7mm & 8mm

Laminate differs from engineered wood. Even better laminates have some
differences in coloring closer to wood, than the low priced stuff.

Engineered wood is real wood. It is multi layer like plywood and has a
quality real wood veneer on top. Looks like wood because it is wood.
Ed