wallster

"Bob Engelhardt" wrote in message
The "plasma cut" stuff is cool! Makes me lust for one. Is there anyway
to cut stuff like that without a plasma cutter (excluding lasers and
water jets)? I'd guess that a bandsaw would be next best. And a
sabre/jig saw a poor third. Bob

Bob, I highly reccomend a plasma cutter. They really do come in handy for a
zillion diferent projects. The other day I had to do some minor exhaust work
on my truck and the plasma cutter cut all the crap away in seconds. I bought
mine through HF, it's a firepower fp-18 (made by thermal dynamics so
consumables are easily replaced from my local welding supply store) and it
was $599. including shipping.

great for thinner steel (.125" down) jobs. Anything thicker and I O/A it.

walt