William W. Plummer

badman wrote:

Kyle Boatright wrote:

wrote in message

I finally figured it out. I got neighbors whose kids are always
busting my stuff, throwing crap in my yard, and raising hell. I like
peace and quiet, and I never get any when I am at home, because of
these idiot kids. I get more rest at work than I can at home. The
other day I went to the dump and there was a large pile of very rotted
boards. I threw them in my pickup, and brought them home. The next
time the kids came in my yard, I told them that I have a gift for
them, and gave them all those boards, along with some nails, and a
hammer. I put my ladder against the tree on the edges of our
property, and told the kids to build a tree house. They have been
busy building it, and I am just waiting for the boards to break, and
the kids fall and end up in the hospital. If my plan works, I may
actually be able to use my patio for awhile without those kids
bothering me for awhile, while they recover in the hospital. Better
yet, since that tree is legally in their own yard, I cant get sued.

Ahhhhhhh, peace and quiet is right around the corner. I just wonder
which board will break first????

Figure out what Sherrif Andy Griffin would have done, then do that. The
kids will like you AND (even better) won't do stuff that bugs you
anymore.

It has worked for me several times in dealing with neighboring kids who
could have been a problem if I had been into conflict escalation
instead of
conflict resolution...

I heard a story once. A man moved into a new neighborhood. Lots of kidz.
He immediately, following the law, began identifying himself to the
neighborhood as a convicted sex offender. He wasn't, but he never had
any problems with the neighborhood kidz. In fact, they stayed completely
away from him and his house. The beauty? The parents, by law, were not
allowed to hassle him either. So nothing but peace and quiet.

Of course the idiot will never get a job, let alone a security clearance.