On 4 Sep 2004 09:33:15 -0700, (Phil J) wrote:

We are considering laying wood floor in our lounge and have heard
differing opinions regarding solid wood floor and engineered wood.
Today, someone told us that solid wood can gape and buckle, as it
already contains water and can be very costly to treat and will need
sever treatment ever few years.

Please could someone give us relative advantages/disadvantages
regarding these two types of floor. We will be laying on timber
floorboards, rather than concrete.

Hope someone can help )

Thanks,

Phil J

solid wood flooring has been in use for what? thousands of years....
it's the real thing. it works and looks right.

laminate flooring looks cheap and fake. it's got paper in the core-
what happens with spills?