barry martin

Default Installing plywood ov

SB (1) What is the best way to install plywood over the windows? Should I
SB cover the window and then drill in Tapcon to attach to the walls at the
SB corners? or is it better to use mansory anchors, and then drill holes on t
SB wood, fit over and fasten with nuts? This way I can reuse the anchors nex

SB time. Plywood cannot be used once they get wet.
SB
SB In the past I have used concrete screws to anchor the plywood to the
SB wall. Problem is that after 3 or four times the holes start wallering
SB out and the concrete screws don't hold anymore. While I am painting I
SB plan to drill them all out and use lead anchors.

Seems like if one had the time one could install something like what
is used for ceiling hooks: has a wood screw on on end and headless
bolt on the other. Drill holes in the plywood, mount with wingnuts.
(Identify the plywood as to which panel goes where, and in what
direction.) Maybe even paint the plywood to keep it from delaminating
and getting wet. (Use lattice pieces as spacers when storing?)

SB Your plywood will be fine if you allow it to dry before you store it.
SB Eventually it will start to delaminate but in this use it will last
SB you a lifetime.

Would be nice if you never had to use it again!

...Here's a stupid question: is plywood the best material to use?
Would that composite stuff be better/stronger? (Can't think of the
name right now -- it's made of wood chips and glued together.
Definately delaminates when wet -- had it on the old shed.) Would
greenboard, the stuff used in shower and tub enclosures, be better?

-
¯ barry.martinþATþthesafebbs.zeppole.com ®

* "Preparation P" sounds like a good name for a diuretic.
---
þ RoseReader 2.52á P003186
þ The Safe BBS þ Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
---
þ RIMEGate(tm)/RGXMod V1.13 at BBSWORLD *