George Pagliarulo

Default Will I have a termite problem ?

I had an exterminator in for a carpenter ant problem (a yearly event).
Next to an attached garage, I had some pieces of pressure treated
wood sitting on some 2X4's to keep the pt off the ground. The
exterminator lifted one of the 2X4's and found termites in the wood
and tunnels under the 2X4. This is about 1.5 to 2 feet from the
cement foundation. The ab ove ground foundation is about 2 feet high.
He told me that I should have the house treated, otherwise the
termites will attack the house. Now, I live in a wooded area, lots
of decopmposing wood around, I see termites all the time. Although I
don't think I've seen them this close before. I've never had a
termite problem. My question is, is it likely that the termites will
attack the house? How close do they have to be before you worry?

Thanks,

George