Sam Goldwasser

(John) writes:

Andy Cuffe wrote in message . ..
On 3 Sep 2004 18:11:04 -0700,
(John) wrote:

I'm new at electronics,but on my mitsubishi 35" tv I found a 560 cap
that looks like a resistor with colored bands on it.Also I found
another 560 cap on a different circuit and that I can see is a cap.My
schematic says their both 560 caps why would one be different then the
other?

I don't really understand your question. What kind of problem are you
trying to fix and what makes you suspect these caps? That type of cap
is very reliable; I've never seen on fail.
Andy Cuffe

My question was what type of cap was that?I have a horizontal line in
the middle of the tv.I was told to replace the vert output IC la7838
and all the caps that start with 4 because the vert output IC starts
with a 4,ic401.Now if you can tell me exactly which caps to replace
then that would help alot.

And your problem may not be any of those. Could be as simple as a
cracked solder joint, possibly to the flyback which probably provides power
to the vertical deflection. Sorry if this is all obvious and has
been checked out already. It's easy for people to advise replacing
everything - it's not their time and money!

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror:
http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header is ignored.
To contact me, please use the feedback form on the S.E.R FAQ Web sites.