J. Clarke

Jay Pique wrote:

Old Fangled wrote:

Jay Pique wrote in
m:

I asked probably 30 different people at the IWF if they'd seen a
headset that can kill noise, yet allow normal conversation to be
heard, as well as provide for a high level of automation using voice
recognition technology. No one seems to have it.

I'm not sure that I understand what you are asking for. There are lots of
noise cancelling headsets available, and many of them have microphones in
order to allow people to communicate. Here's an example:

http://www.websoft-solutions.net/Pro...=Pel-MT7H7-Ser

However, where does voice recognition software come into this? It's not
as if the headsets need to recognize any voice commands.

Thanks much for the link above - it's the closest thing I've seen to
what I'm envisioning. There was an older thread called The Ultimate
Earmuffs a while back - http://tinyurl.com/3sjsm - that got into more
detail about functionality.

Basically I'd like the headset shown in your link, that has the
ability to tie into and control a pc via voice recognition. For
example, if the phone rang (and it would make a tone in my headset
when it did) I would simply say "Answer phone" and I would be
connected to the caller. If I chose not to answer I could say "Send
to voicemail" or something.

The voice recognition is really something that has to happen on the PC side.
http://www.parliant.com/tellaphone/ looks interesting but haven't tried
it. You _might_ be able to use it with one of the Olympia Bluetooth phones
that lets you use just about any Bluetooth headset. Many Bluetooth
headsets have noise cancelling microphones and some are small enough that
you could use them in conjunction with a set of electronic noise-cancelling
earmuffs, but you'd have to find one with the controls located where the
could be reached with the muffs or or take one apart and wire in some
switches.

JP

--
--John