Mike Hide

Hey you must have copied me . I did put a dedicated circuit in for the DC
system because it runs in conjunction with other machines ,also did the same
for the AC unit.

--
http://members.tripod.com/mikehide2
"Swingman" wrote in message

"steve" wrote in message
Planning on putting up a garage this fall, that I will use primarily for

woodworking shop. size is 24x32. 2 car garage with separate smaller
"workshop" extension. will probably use it for storage and finishing.
question is approximatly how much electricity should I use for the shop,
will probably have to have a subpanel from the main house, or might need
separate panel from the pole. any pro con for either. I have a table

saw
and lots of hand held tools, but dust collection, air cleaner, and other
stationary tools are in the future. also how many outlets, how close
together etc. of course money is always an issue. will try and do alot

of
wiring myself, with electrician doing the actual hookups. any help

would
be greatly appreciated..

IME, a 12/24 sub-panel, with 60A c'bkr in main and 60A master c'bkr in
sub-panel, would likely do you well. I put fourplex 120v receptacles every
8' at waist height, two over each side of corner bench, 220v dedicated
circuits to locations as needed. Also put fourplex receptacles on ceiling
joists for flexibility in moving fluorescent light fixtures as equipment
locations change. Works well.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/10/04