Jay Pique

Old Fangled wrote:

Jay Pique wrote in
:

I asked probably 30 different people at the IWF if they'd seen a
headset that can kill noise, yet allow normal conversation to be
heard, as well as provide for a high level of automation using voice
recognition technology. No one seems to have it.

I'm not sure that I understand what you are asking for. There are lots of
noise cancelling headsets available, and many of them have microphones in
order to allow people to communicate. Here's an example:

http://www.websoft-solutions.net/Pro...=Pel-MT7H7-Ser

However, where does voice recognition software come into this? It's not as
if the headsets need to recognize any voice commands.

Thanks much for the link above - it's the closest thing I've seen to
what I'm envisioning. There was an older thread called The Ultimate
Earmuffs a while back - http://tinyurl.com/3sjsm - that got into more
detail about functionality.

Basically I'd like the headset shown in your link, that has the
ability to tie into and control a pc via voice recognition. For
example, if the phone rang (and it would make a tone in my headset
when it did) I would simply say "Answer phone" and I would be
connected to the caller. If I chose not to answer I could say "Send
to voicemail" or something.

JP