Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot

Default Central heating Q

"Brian Reay" wrote in message

If the thermostat is in the living room and you have a gas fire- even for
'looks' - then the living room can be as warm as toast and the rest of the
house freezing.

The thinking was along those lines actually!

We didn't want the rest of the house "freezing", as such, but bits of it
could do with being a lot cooler than they are, the way things work at the
moment - the bedrooms and kitchen get too hot so we were thinking of ways to
a) lower the temps in those rooms which are not used a lot in the daytime
and b) lower the running costs a bit.

I assume TRVs would help? Are they as easy to fit as they look?

Opening the front door etc will cause a 'burst' of the heating but that
inrush of could air will need warming or it can give cold draughts in the
other rooms.

That's a good point.

On balance, I favour the thermostat in the hall.

Also, do a good job of draught excluding- that does wonders for the warm
'feel' of the house.

We've recently had double-glazing fitted, that should help a lot.

Thanks for the reply,

Si