IMM

"Pete C" wrote in message
On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 22:25:46 +0100, Andy Hall
wrote:

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 22:19:33 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

None modulate right down to zero. I think the best of them goes to about

5
kW

Mine goes down to 3kW.

Oh well, I suppose it comes down to the cost of an extra heat
exchanger and pump vs the money saved by a cheaper boiler and reduced
boiler cycling.

I'd expect the heat loss when cycling is due to losses from the
boiler's heat exchanger when the water isn't being heated, and
shouldn't be too bad with a modulating condensing boiler using an
aluminium exhanger.

Are you still going for a heat heat bank?