Edwin Pawlowski

"Nightstar" wrote in message

I have a fairly new KitchenAid dishwasher and the door developed a bad
squeak all of a sudden. This morning I opened the door to finish
dishwasher then left for work. I opened the dishwasher door this
evening, and there is now a horrible squeak.

I did have a contractor and his workers here today doing lots of
sanding on the ceilings, which produced a LOT of fine, white, powdery
dust. Could this have affected the dishwasher door? I tried using
compressed air on the hinges, but that didn't seem to help.

If the DW was closed, I doubt the dust got in there. How new is fairly
new? If it is less than a year, it is under warranty so the dealer should
be able to fix it for you.
Ed