Oscar_Lives

"ang" wrote in message
t.cable.rogers.com...
Hi,

I am hoping that someone can help me....

Our bottom element was burned out on our hot water heater, and a repair
technician was sent over to look at it. Well, as he started to work on
replacing the element, I heard some yelling. It seems that the pressure of
the valve (bottom of the tank), was so strong that it went everywhere,
soaking him and my basement! Luckily, I have concrete floors.

My question is: is he at fault no matter what? He didn't turn the water
off,
nor did he drain the tank. I'm not looking to place blame, but after 2
hours of cleaning up and thinking about it more. I'm feeling a bit upset
about how he handled it. He said that there must be something wrong with
how
the tank was installed, that this has never happened to him in 30
years....he jokingly said that he should charge me an extra 20 dollars on
my
bill. Then I was left cleaning up the mess! No apologies or anything...

By the way this heater was installed by the same company the technician is
from, but I don't know anything more than that as it came with the house
when we bought it.

Based on what I have told you, what should have he done? What should I
do?
Although I cleaned up the water, I'm afraid if some of the water did go
under where the walls are that I could have a potential problem on my
hand.

Any suggestions, and does anyone know what the protocol is when changing a
hot water tank element?

Many thanks,

Angela

Why do you want to heat hot water? Are you nuts?