Dean Richard Benson

Default Loft Insulation

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 22:07:15 +0000, IMM wrote:

I think I am seeing your point.

Don't. It is totally wrong.

Funny thing is tho, I can see your point too, I just don't know who is
right.

What I do know, is that while I have the opportunity, I will spend as much
as I feel comfortable and/or can afford at the moment on sticking in loft
insulation into the loft.

Although I realise there is also heat being lost through the walls and
windows in each room, I dont have the time or finances to spend at this
moment in increasing the insulation for that.

However when I replace the windows, and/or decide to add insulation
into/to the walls, I will adopt the same route as I have done for the
loft, ie, insulate as much as I can afford at the time.

My goal throughout this insulation in my house is to increase comfort, not
so much to save cost. Therefore return on investment for the insulation
isn't as important to me as having a comfortable house. This is within
reason of course, I do have a limited budget

I hope the above explains my angle.

Thanks to both IMM and Andy Hall for their points too.

Dean