Andy Hall

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 22:59:50 +0100, "thescullster"
wrote:

HI All

I will be collecting my bathroom accessories tomorrow and need advice on
suitable screw fixings.

For the most part I will be securing to plaster board dividing walls with
two layers of tiles!
Can anyone recommend suitable cavity type fixings for this application?
I will be fitting up towel railm, soap dish, mirror and the like.

Any recommendations on specific fixing types greatly appreciated.

TIA

Phil

Compressing metal cavity fixings (aka Hollow Wall Anchor on Screwfix
site) are the best choice for this.

The plastic fittings are a bit feeble for this job, maybe apart from
the soap dish.

I prefer the wall anchors because you can undo the bolt and the base
of the fitting remains in place. You can also adjust the bolt in and
out if you need to do so to hang the fitting on the screw with a slot.

The hole is quite large, but with most of these fittings, the fitting
hides the fixing.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl