Set Square

Andrew Beck wrote:

My problem is an unbalanced flow, all cold and no hot.

What I'm looking for is a balanced flow i.e. the cold water flow is
no more than 50 % of the total water flow.

Presumably the combi works ok on just hot - but stops working when you turn
on a cold tap?

Water will always take the line of least resistance. It is fair to assume
that the path through the boiler presents more resistance than the path to
an open cold tap. What happens if you partially close the cold tap and
reduce it to a trickle, does the hot pick up again? If so, you can probably
get a *balance* by adjusting the cold tap - but you still might not get an
acceptable *total* (i.e. hot + cold) flow rate if the basic cold supply is
inadequate.
--
Cheers,
Set Square