Owain

"Mike Mitchell" wrote
| You can make somebody an offer for anything, all they can do
| is refuse, the RRP is after all only a recommendation.
| Yes, but under the Scottish sealed bids system, they refuse
| your offer and, get this, they won't allow you to make another!

It is always possible that the seller rejects all the offers and requests
new offers. But he'd be daft to, as psychologically people who've had one
offer refused are unlikely to be willing to make another one.

| It's the silly season 24/7/365 over the border...

That's why we don't have gazumping, gazundering, chains collapsing, negative
equity, etc etc. We also don't have the abomination of leasehold flats, and
our public land registry predates England's by a few centuries.

Owain