Set Square

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
An SDS drill does not substitute for an ordinary hammer drill.
For small holes in wood, metal, the SDS RPM can be low, and the
weight can be quite a bit higher.

But you don't need a hammer drill for drilling wood and metal...

Agreed. I think the previous poster was re-inforcing my earlier point that
an SDS drill shouldn't be your *only* drill. It's horses for courses. Even
though you may be able to attach a conventional chuck to an SDS drill, and
use it for drilling wood etc., it doesn't do it very well - because it's too
slow and also too big and heavy for the job in hand. So you need at least
one "ordinary" drill as well - which doesn't need hammer action, but will
probably have it anyway!
--
Cheers,
Set Square