Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Tony wrote:
What's this device for? Can't see the sort of concentrations of UV you'd
get with this having much effect on flowing water.

Its for whole house water purification - water comes in from a borehole
via a header tank up the hillside, through a sediment filter, through
the UV unit and then in to the domestic system. The installation was
put in just before we bought the house last year because the statutory
water test the council do failed (before then there'd been no
treatment). I don't know who put the unit in.

Right. As part of a comprehensive filtration system I'm sure it's all been
worked out.

It sounds like you and Grunff don't think its up to much??

It's just that on its own, it sounded a bit like those magnetic water
'conditioners'.

--
Is the hardness of the butter proportional to the softness of the bread?*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.