philly45

Concerning Dado Blades, what does the group recommend as a good choice? For
example, how does the Forrest DK08244 8" compare against the Freud SD508 8"?
Is the large cost differential worth it?

Philly
"Jerry" wrote in message
I just purchased a Freud SD508 8" super dado set for my Delta
contractor's saw.

There is a compression washer (cupped) that normally sits between the
nut and the blade. However, with this washer installed, I cannot come
close to fitting the entire stack on the arbor. Even at 3/4" stack,
the nut just not have any thread exposed on the outside (it seems to be
snug but I would feel better if it had some thread exposed).

Is that washer necessary when using the dado blade? I would use it
when it fit but if I used the larger stacks without it do you think it
would be a problem?

Thanks for your help.