Reyd

In article .ca,
Dave Balderstone wrote:

In article , Reyd
wrote:

Thank you, without you guys I would have just done it as a hobby, now I
get close to 80$ a day for having 8 hours of fun, and I get to work with
a really awesome guy for my boss.

That's fantastic. What kind of work are you doing?

I am turning bottle stoppers, and they are very very heavy duty, half
inch bolts threading into the wood and such like to put them together
with a stainlesss steel body.

its production work, 50seconds is how long it takes me to do that on
average now to do the roughing drilling tapping and glueing in a bolt.

the finish turning (on a small lathe) takes a lot longer, but is a good
deal less stressful.

its good money too, and since its work I love doing, I'm paying for my
tools to set up my own shop with what I earn from it, so that when I've
got a shop done, I'll have paid for everything in it by turning wood and
I won't have an hour and a half on a bus to get to work (which costs 4$
roundtrip)
I'll spend the weekends roughing, and then finish turn at home.
and I have to admit his spiel to sell them is right, they are the best
available anywhereG
the amount of work in each one is amazing.

--

Maybe I'm just a pessimist and am totally wrong; I could live quite
happily with that.