Jim Gott

Has anyone used the Beall buffing system for cocobolo/ How long would the
shine last under very limited handling/
TIA
Jay Sweeney in NH
BRBR

Jay,
I have used the Beall system on a lot of cocobolo, and it works great. I finish
the cocobolo with Deft lacquer after sanding to at least 400 (sold as Deft
clear wood finish, a brushing lacquer) cut 50/50 with lacquer thinner and apply
with a rag. Then I buff with the Beall and get a great shine and silky feel.
I've had no problems with handling.
Alternately, I've also sanded to 1500 with no finish and buffed with the Beall
for almost equal results, but the silky lacquer feel isn't there.

-Jim Gott-
San Jose, CA