JMartin957

"Ned Simmons" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

"Scott Moore" wrote in message
news:rOHZc.277598$eM2.258836@attbi_s51...
snip-----

You get some
extra screw holes - big deal. The part is held to a plate with
complete access to all sides save the one face down. With most
parts, it hardly matters if there is an extra screw hole, and
if it does, it can be filled by various means.

--
Samiam is Scott A. Moore

Chuckle!

Apparently you've never worked where parts are built to specs. An

extra
hole is called scrap.

Then I better not mention welding the part to a piece
that's convenient to hold. G Works great for turning
discs or rings from plate in the lathe.

Ned Simmons

Aaarrggghhh! Welding? On parts for the aero-space industry? Man,
you and Larry G. g

Where I came from, something as small as an improperly deburred edge was
rejected. You weld on a part, it's automatically scrap unless you see a
requirement for welding included on the print. I guess it's all to do with
the industry that you serve.

Harold

Which is why, I suppose, we have paid for those $900 toilet seats. Make it to
the specs, even if the specs are lacking in common sense. No feedback between
the designer and the guy making the parts.

Not trying to pick on Harold or anyone else. Just a comment that when too many
people or departments get in the middle, things tend to get complicated.

John Martin