Andrew Simpson

Default Kitchen Cabinet Quality Differences

"Lamb" wrote in message
Everyone has their opinions about the differences in quality/cost ratio
between B&Q/Wickes, Kitchen Direct (middle of the market) and Poggenpohl
(top), but what actually is the difference between the B&Q type and say a
KItchens Direct. They have all thi stuff about quality of the carcase and
materials but is this really so important? They have 95% density boards

and
claim that B&Q has 55% density. Does it really matter or not? Will a

heavy
door end up falliing off a B&Q cabinet if it puts strain on the carcase?

MY original view is that its how well the kitchen is installed and

carcases
assmebled that matters and not what material the carcase is made of, but
this is probably wrong.

Any tips on where I can buy units which will be best performance/price
ratio. I want a kitchen to last 10 years and had been thinking of a
B&Q/Wickes level spend and getting good quality doors on a standard
carcaase. Is there any good alternative or would these be good enough.

Many thanks

I am currently replacing the doors, drawers, plinths etc in my kitchen and I
am using the it kitchen range from B&Q. I have also added some new
carcasses which are B&Q's own. I am overall impressed with the quality and
build of the B&Q carcasses and was particularly impressed with the premium
drawer liners that you can buy (although they are a bugger to put
together!!). I would say they are as good and if not better than the
Schreiber units in the kitchen already. With B&Q's up to half price on
their it doors at the moment I would hurry up if I was you. One tip
though - order it online because the delivery instore is 50 quid whereas
on-line its only 9.95.

I'm well impressed with all the items I have brought for the kitchen from
their range.

HTH

Andrew.

---