Alex

Default Making an exterior door

I have a customer that will be making a set of high end exterior doors
using Ipe'. He made a great looking garage door using Ipe' and this
last winter noticed that frost was forming on the inside of the door.
I assume that, because of the density of Ipe', the doors were
transfering the cold to the inside and causing condensation in the
heated space. Now he needs to make entry doors (5 of them)to a pool
area that is going to be very high humidity. Does anybody have any
suggestions on how to build these doors so that the frosting does not
occur? They are frame and panel doors and I originally suggested that
he make the front and back sides relatively thin and make a center
frame that would hold some type of foam insulation.

thanks....Alex