Tim Schwartz

Raymond,

The MPS-U02 is listed in the Towers transistor spec book as an NPN,
60V, 800ma, 6W device with a beta of 50 to 300 and an F(T) of 150MHz.
I'd suggest a 2SD669A as a substitute, which is a TO-126 package, but
you could use many different TO-220 transistors that you might have
around. I like the 2SD-613 or BD-911. BE CAREFUL of the lead
configuration. As I recall the MPS-U02 has the base in the middle, so
you might have to put a piece of sleeving and overlap the leads to get
them in the correct positions on a replacement.

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

Raymond Collins wrote:

Working on an old Advent 300,(FM and 15 watt amp) found a shot MPSU02.
Apparently the same as a MPSU06 and U05 and NTE188. NTE 188 no
longer made will the NTE 190 do the job?

Following the service bulletin updates from a very looong time
ago....any issues?